Case Study: Food Depot Alimentaire
FEED THY NEIGHBOUR
The Food Depot Alimentaire's mission is to collect & distribute food to - and advocate for - the less fortunate. The non-profit is united by a passion to assist those facing financial challenges in the community. It is powered by dedicated volunteers who believe in the cause, but at the end of the day, it relies on fundraising to keep the food flowing to those most in need.
- Non-profit gained an urgently needed and steady stream of revenue
- Extremely streamlined technology meant no extra workload for busy staff
- Powerful reporting tools provided transparency and accurate reporting to local gaming authorities
- Successful weekly raffle created buzz and garnered local media attention, further raising awareness of their raffle and their cause
- Distributed nature of 5050 Central GoldRush allowed multiple selling stations to collect proceeds over many days into one central jackpot, with larger pots fueling more sales
- Recouped investment and reached profitability in 6 months
The Food DEPOT, a non-profit dedicated to feeding and protecting the less fortunate in the city of Moncton, New Brunswick, needed a new way of raising funds. Instead of hitting up the same businesses and individuals for more cash to help fund their cause, the board of directors wanted something less intrusive, even entertaining, to attract a broader base of supporters. "Hitting up the usual folks with the usual fundraising pitch was simply not going to get the results we needed" said Dale Hicks, President, "And a new, ongoing revenue stream was desperately needed to help fund our mission to help those in our community cope with hard times."